Devices have changed the way people interact with the world around them. It’s critical that marketers have an understanding of how people are using their devices.
The findings in this report are based on real behavior from opted-in users. It reveals how, when, and where people use their devices throughout the day. As marketers, this important context will help you better understand the reality of the customer journey so you can more effectively reach them with a single story across devices, channels, and formats.
A Few Key Findings:
1. We live in a mobile-first world: In an average day, more than 1/4 of all users only use a smartphone, which is nearly 2X as many as those who
only use a computer.
2. We freely move back and forth between devices to get things done: Over half of users rely on more than one type of device in an average day, with 1/5 of them using another device while concurrently using a computer.
3. Where we are influences how we use our devices: The top three places people use their smartphones are home, work, and in a store.
4. Search has gone mobile: Of those who search, nearly 4 in 10 search only on a smartphone in an average day.
5. The web is one of our most used resources: Of those who browse the web in an average day, almost half do so on multiple devices. More than 7 in 10 users browse the web on their phones or computers in an average day.
Read the full report here: Think with Google – How People Use Their Devices